Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Raymond Khoury - The Sanctuary

The Sancuary - I have to say that I didn't care for this book too much. By far it was the hardest book to get in to and took me extra long to read. By the last few chapters it picked up though. I just wasn't that in to it.
Anyway, this outing by Khoury is about an archaeologist, Evelyn Bishop, and her geneticist daughter, Mia, who becomes caught-up in a deadly conspiracy that involves an ancient symbol - a ringlike, circular snake feeding on its own tail. A (mad) scientist known as the hakeem who performs experiments on men, women, and children is believed to be working on a bioweapon. Of course, he has disappeared and the CIA is trying to find him. Evelyn just happens to walk right into the middle of this conspiracy and gets kidnapped.  Mia sets out to find her mother with the help of a CIA agent before Evelyn becomes the next guinea pig. This is set in the Middle East and the hakeem reminded me of the Nazi physician Josepf Mengele, maybe that's why I didn't care for it. It's up to you to decide whether or not you like it. Comments are welcome.
Up Next - Harlan Corben's Caught

No comments:

Post a Comment